High School Online and Traditional Programs (Grades 9-12)
The Oaks Private School provides the best high school online and traditional programs to prepare your child for the future. TOPS diplomas are accepted by colleges and universities throughout the US and several countries. This high school online curriculum has won prestigious awards for excellence. See graduation requirements and diploma choices.
TOPS Online with Certified Teachers is a fully online, teacher-graded educational program for grades 9-12. This high school program provides interaction with Certified Teachers who are available to tutor, observe student work and progress, hand-grade lessons and issue progress reports. Many busy parents appreciate the ease of homeschooling with reliable teachers to care for their students.
TOPS Online with Academic Coaches is a fully online, system-graded educational program for grades 9-12. An Academic Coach is assigned to each student with support available on-call. This high school program is customized to meet each student’s needs with a personalized plan of study. Academic Coaches are able to observe student work and progress, assist with grading, and retrieve end of term reports.
TOPS Traditional (Homeschool) Program provides students with the ability to learn anywhere, anytime, and at a pace that suits their existing skills, knowledge, and aptitudes. This parent-led high school program teaches independent learning with engaging and rigorous workbooks.
*Customization options are available
An Accredited Private School for Families Who Choose Online or Traditional (homeschool) High School
TOPS ONLINE provides a quality Christian-friendly, college preparatory online and/or traditional education. We strive to maintain a relationship between academic excellence and the dynamics of Christian life, with the highest quality of educational materials, grounded in Christian Values and beliefs.
TOPS is fully recognized and accredited by Advance-ED, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), and Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), two of the six US Department of Education recognized accrediting agencies. TOPS is also accredited by the Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation. We offer ninety-plus courses that are self-directed, self-paced, flexible, and interactive. The curriculum is continuously updated for current and relevant materials in all subjects. This program has been successfully used by over 20,000 students worldwide. We recognize that a successful online learning experience depends on the quality of the curriculum and its ability to meet the unique needs of each student.
- We offer two college-preparatory online curricula – Apex Learning and Gradpoint by Pearson as well as traditional studies using printed materials.
- We offer open enrollment for our Gradpoint curriculum. Students can enroll at any time during the year. Gradpoint provides a complete set of college-preparatory core high school courses and a wide selection of electives.
- Our Apex curriculum provides Honors, AP and Dual Enrollment courses in addition to a complete set of college preparatory core courses and electives. Enrollment in Apex is open in August and September for the Fall Semester, and in January for the Spring Semester.
- All of our high school onine classes are led by professional, highly qualified instructors. Students using printed materials have access to qualified Academic Coaches.
- High school online enrollment includes up to 6 courses – four core (Math, English, Science, History) and two electives.
- High school traditional enrollment includes 5 courses as needed to fulfill graduation requirements.
- We issue accredited transcripts for all courses completed at TOPS.
- In order to graduate from TOPS, students must:
- Have taken enough courses to meet Florida graduation requirements, and
- Have taken at least 4 courses (the entire Senior year) with TOPS.
- For students transferring in, we accept credits from any public high school or accredited private school. We also accept credits from homeschoolers, subject to review and payment of an Acceptance Fee, provided the home school provides a list of the curriculum used for each course, the grade received and samples of writing and work in math.
- We offer four types of diplomas:
- Our College-Preparatory diploma is for students going on to a 4-year college. This diploma requires 6 honors courses.
- We have an Honors diploma for students who complete at least 8 Honors courses.
- We offer a Standard Diploma following Florida requirements for graduation.
- We also offer a vocational diploma for students not intending to go on to a 4-year college.