High School Online and Traditional Programs (Grades 9-12)
The Oaks Private School provides the best high school online and traditional programs to prepare your child for the future. TOPS diplomas are accepted by colleges and universities throughout the US and several countries. This high school online curriculum has won prestigious awards for excellence. See graduation requirements and diploma choices.
TOPS Online (Apex) is an HONORS, fully online educational program for grades 9-12. With this highly rigorous program, students are assigned certified teachers for each course. This high school program will prepare your student to meet the challenging entrance requirements of top colleges and universities. Click here for courses offered.
TOPS Online (Ignitia) is a Christian-based, fully online educational program for grades 9-12. With this academically rigorous program, parents can be the teacher or choose up to 4 certified teachers to tutor their student. This high school program can be customized to meet each student’s needs with a personalized plan of study to prepare them for college or career. Click here for courses offered.
TOPS Online (Odysseyware) is a secular, fully online educational program for grades 9-12. With this academically rigorous program, parents can be the teacher or choose certified teachers for on-demand tutoring. This middle school program can be customized to meet each student’s needs with a personalized plan of study to prepare them for college or career. Click here for courses offered.
TOPS Traditional (Homeschool) Program provides students with the ability to learn anywhere, anytime, and at a pace that suits their existing skills, knowledge, and aptitudes. This parent-led high school program teaches independent learning with engaging and rigorous workbooks. Click here for courses offered.
*Customization options are available
An Accredited Private School for Families Who Choose Online or Traditional (homeschool) High School
TOPS ONLINE provides a quality Christian-friendly, college preparatory online and/or traditional education. We strive to maintain a relationship between academic excellence and the dynamics of Christian life, with the highest quality of educational materials, grounded in Christian Values and beliefs.
TOPS is fully recognized and accredited by Advance-ED, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), and Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), two of the six US Department of Education recognized accrediting agencies. TOPS is also accredited by the Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation. We offer ninety-plus courses that are self-directed, self-paced, flexible, and interactive. The curriculum is continuously updated for current and relevant materials in all subjects. This program has been successfully used by over 20,000 students worldwide. We recognize that a successful online learning experience depends on the quality of the curriculum and its ability to meet the unique needs of each student.
- We offer three college-preparatory online curriculum – Apex, Ignitia, and Odysseyware as well as traditional studies using printed materials.
- Students can enroll at any time during the year.
- Ignitia and GradPoint provide a complete set of college-preparatory core high school courses and a wide selection of electives.
- Apex curriculum provides Honors and AP courses in addition to a complete set of college preparatory core courses and electives.
- High school online enrollment includes up to 6 courses – four core (Math, English, Science, History) and two electives.
- High school traditional enrollment includes 5 courses as needed to fulfill graduation requirements.
- We issue accredited transcripts for all courses completed at TOPS.
- In order to graduate from TOPS, a student enrolling for their senior year must:
- Enroll by January 15th
- Take at least 4 courses with TOPS
- Meet Florida graduation requirements
- For students transferring in, we accept credits from any public high school or accredited private school. We also accept credits from homeschoolers, subject to review and payment of an Acceptance Fee. The home school must provide a list of the curriculum used for each course, the grade received, along with writing samples and final, graded math tests.
- We offer four types of diplomas:
- Honors diploma for students who complete at least 8 Honors courses.
- College-Preparatory diploma for students going on to a 4-year college. This diploma requires 6 honors courses.
- Standard Diploma following Florida requirements for graduation.
- Vocational diploma for students who are pursuing technical training and job-specific skills.