Middle School Online and Traditional Programs (Grades 6-8)
The Oaks Private School’s middle school programs, whether online or homeschool, empower your student to pursue their full potential and personal interests. TOPS middle school programs allow your child to work at their own pace while fostering independent learning skills. Flexible and engaging lessons put your child on the launchpad towards a successful high school experience.
TOPS Online with Certified Teachers is a fully online, teacher-graded educational program for grades 6-8. This middle school program provides interaction with Certified Teachers who are available to teach lessons, observe student work and progress, hand-grade lessons and issue progress reports. Many busy parents appreciate the ease of homeschooling with reliable teachers to care for their students.
TOPS Online with Academic Coaches is a fully online, system-graded educational program for grades 6-8. An Academic Coach is assigned to each student with support available on-call. This middle school program is customized to meet each student’s needs with a personalized plan of study. Academic coaches are able to observe student work and progress, assist with grading, and retrieve end of term reports.
TOPS Traditional (Homeschool) Program provides students with the ability to learn anywhere, anytime, and at a pace that suits their existing skills, knowledge, and aptitudes. This parent-led middle school program uses colorful workbooks to engage your child and make learning fun.
*Customization options are available.
An Accredited Private School for Families Who Choose Distance Learning
The Oaks Private School is an accredited private school. We are a Florida registered school for the support of K-12 Distance Learning. We are dedicated to providing your family with administrative and academic oversight. We feel that it is important for you to be free to pursue your child’s education in that wholesome and loving environment where learning is a natural part of everyday life – your home.
Gradpoint – the curriculum we use for our middle school online program– is one of the best online curricula available anywhere and has received prestigious awards. Gradpoint will prepare your student for high school, and beyond. It provides all of the core classes – Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies in grades 6-8 plus a selection of electives such as Art and Photography.
We provide caring, highly-qualified teachers or coaches for all of our middle school classes, who provide the mentoring, guidance and support your student needs. The only thing required for access to our online programs is a computer (PC or MAC) and Internet access.
Some students may choose a more traditional homeschool approach to studying. Printed materials in the form of workbooks with a teacher’s guide for the parents is available. These engaging books are designed to be self-paced, to develop independent learning skills, and to maintain the rigor necessary for earning a standard high school diploma.
Here is how our online program works:
- When you enroll your son or daughter, they get 4 core classes plus a choice of 1 elective.
- They can take their classes anytime. We just ask that they log-in to each class at least once a week, spend at least 2 hours taking lessons, and complete any assignments that are due that week.
- If a student fails a test, has a question or needs help, they send an e-mail to their teacher. The teacher will respond within 24-48 hours, usually sooner than later.
- Enrolled students are usually considered private-school students, not homeschool students, although this depends on the laws of your state.
- The Oaks Private School (TOPS) provides teachers, grading, record-keeping.
- Upon course completion, students receive an accredited transcript listing the courses they have taken with TOPS. Each year that students complete a grade with TOPS, they receive an accredited transcript stating that they have completed the grade and are ready for promotion to the next year.
- You will receive periodic updates (at least 4 times a year) on your students progress. You will be notified immediately if there is a problem with your student that needs to be addressed (not working, lack of attendance).
- From the date of enrollment, middle school students have 1 full year to complete their courses. We set the course end dates as directed by the parents. Most students choose to finish by the beginning of the summer, but students have the option of working through the summer.
- Upon completion of the enrollment process, your student will have access to their courses within 24 hours.
Advantages of TOPS online and traditional homeschooling middle school:
- Access to the best middle school online or traditional curriculum available.
- Ability to start and end the school year when it is convenient.
- Ability to work anytime, anywhere, at your own pace.
- Teaching help, grading, and record keeping are taken care of.
- More time to spend time with your child on what’s really important.
- Education that is customized to the needs of your child.
- Freedom to learn at home – away from peer pressure and bullying.
- Accredited report card or transcript upon class or grade completion.
- Less costly than traditional private schools, and even many other other online schools.
- Accreditation by AdvancED, a respected leader in school accreditation.
- Best preparation for online high school.
- Advanced 8th-grade students can take Algebra, Foreign Language and a half year of Geography for High School Credit.
- Students learn to work independently, follow schedules and be responsible.
- Students do better the more time they spend in our program.
To find out more about our accredited online middle school, please call our Guidance Counselors at 386-938-1352.